Jul 13th, 2010 by Giselle
If you watched my video in which I explain why diets do not work, you may have been wondering “so what DOES work??”
In today’s blog post I start answering that question, with a video that explains the crucial first step to sustainable, permanent weight loss without dieting.
Following is the Hypnosis product I talk about in the video. You know the battle for ideal weight is mostly played out in the mind, and it is about your overall health. Hence I recommend giving this avenue a good go. Click on the graphic below to check out the Perfect Health Hypnosis:
As explained in the video, create a sheet of paper and put down notes on what you did (and thought) over two weekdays and one weekend day, in the following areas:
- Sleep – How many hours of actual sleep did you have?
- Hydration – How much liquid did you drink?
- Drinking – How much alcohol did you consume?
- Food – What foods did you consume and how much of it?
- Exercise – What kind and quantity of physical exercise did you get up to? Include things like “10 mins walk to train station”. This is not just gym.
- State of Mind – How did you feel? Happy, calm, relaxed, nervous or angry?
- Physical State – For example, tired, fresh, in pain, numb?
- Drugs – Substances like medication, cannabis, anti-depressants, sleep medication, tobacco?
The key is to take stock for just three typical days of your life. Be brutally honest. Only when you have completed the three days’ log do you start reviewing what you are actually doing. You will probably be surprised by what you see, and most likely there will be a few things that you can immediately improve on WITHOUT requiring a truckload of permanent willpower and/or self-denial.
Oh, and as I mention in the video – since you are about to lose weight – if you do want to destroy your log once you’ve viewed it, go ahead. Burn it, flush it down the toilet, whatever. Just don’t eat it. After all, we want to have good nutrition and eat less junk, right?
Did you find this useful? If you’d like to share your thoughts or even some findings from your own taking stock to achieve sustainable permanent weight loss, I’d love to hear from you. Simply leave me a comment below.