According to scientific research, you can defy aging by paying attention to ONE thing – your immune system. Read on to find out how to turn back the clock and live a long and healthy life.
Our immune system is like a dormant volcano, when it is quiet, it is all lush, green and peaceful. But when it is active, it ruptures and wreaks great havoc carving a path of wonton destruction everywhere. An over-active immune system may present in any of the following ways e.g. asthma, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, allergies, lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Graves disease, fibromyalgia and Crohn’s disease just to name a few.
Note that all these illnesses are characterised by one thing – over-active immune systems attacking our very own healthy tissues giving rise to sometimes fatal disease states, causing premature aging. Remarkably, it is almost like we “try to kill ourselves and implode”!
So, why do our immune systems specifically produce antibodies to actively seek out and destroy the tissues they were supposed to protect? If you can answer this question you have the key to reversing the aging process!
Reversing the Aging Process
According to Dr. Mark Liponis, all the latest scientific research seem to point to the fact that soothing your immune system or living in harmony with it provides the best answer to reversing the aging process. And the way to do that is to ensure that you practice the pillars for healthy living every single day of your life:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain healthy teeth and gums, floss, rinse and brush your teeth thoroughly everyday
- Remove all potential allergens from the environment and your diet as they induce inflammation
- Eliminate inflammatory processed foods that are nutrient-poor and energy-rich
- Have a generous serve of anti-inflammatory foods and probiotics (good bacteria from foods like yoghurt) 3 times a day, consider taking an antioxidant supplement to boost your circulating antioxidants
- Take 1 hour out to relax (meditation, tai chi, yoga, deep breathing exercise)
- Laugh often (laughter is the best medicine)
- Get sufficient sleep and preferably be in harmony with the circadian rhythm
- Exercise (resistance training, stretching and endurance)
- Love with all your heart (negative emotions lead to hostile immune systems)